Sullivan Group taking steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Posted on 3/16/2020
At Sullivan Group, the health of our staff is tremendously important to us. As we continue to monitor developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus), we wanted to let you know what steps we are taking in response to recommendations from experts.
First, all in-person registry services are suspended until further notice. We will only handle electronic or mail registry services.
We’re keeping our staff well-informed and in conjunction with our building maintenance team, working to keep work areas clean and common spaces sanitized. Additional steps being taken with our employees to help prevent the spread of germs in our work environment include:
- Reminding employees to continuously wash hands and practice good hygiene.
- Encouraging a “No Handshake Policy”.
- Providing hand sanitizer to keep areas germ free.
- Encouraging employees who feel ill to stay home.
- Restricting Sullivan Group staff from visiting clients for the next 30 days.
- Restricting outside visitors from coming to all Sullivan Group offices for the next 30 days.
While the coronavirus has not affected our business operations to date, we're closely following information and recommendations being put forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
We’re taking precautionary actions and initiating our business continuity plans. This includes testing our systems and capabilities to ensure we are prepared to continue providing extraordinary care to our clients and partners.